In the past year 2017 the following conferences that IEEE TEMS supported were held:
- TEMSCON 2017, Santa Clara,US, June 8-10
- ISIE 2017, Edinburgh, UK, June 19-21
- ICE/ITMC 2017, Madeira, Portugal, June 26-30
- ICMSE 2017, 24th edition in Nomi, Japan, August 17-20
- ICDIM 2017, Fukokoa, Japan Sep 12-14.
In this edition of leader, or separately later on, impression reports will also follow on ICMSE and ICDIM by Mike Andrews and Michael Condry respectively as they had participated on these conferences.
And we have one more conference coming for the end of the year:
- The European Technology & Engineering Management Summit ( E-TEMS 2017), Munich, Germany, Okt 17-19/20, in collaboration with the Strascheg Center for Entrepreneurship (SCE), industry and entrepreneurs, led by Thomas Holzmann with the theme being Digital Transformation for Advanced Manufacturing – Managing Technological Challenges . On the Tuesday we will have the SCE Entrepreneurship Day. The core of the conference are the Wednesday which will be workshops and visits and the Thursday which will be the paper presentations. And Friday morning ends with the TEMS Open Board meetings for Publications, Conferences, Technical Activities and Membership. Do visit the website www.e-tems.org for more details.
Planning for 2018 and beyond
Work is also underway for 2018 with and listed in their order of appearance in the 2018 the following it the working list of conferences:
- TEMSCON Spring 2018 should also bring about a conference entrepreneurship and innovation in Bejing at the Tsinghua University, Center for Innovation Research as the main host institute, with Professors Liu, Chen and Quan in the lead. Plan dates are March 29 to April 1 2018. More on this will come out soon evidently as it is short notice.
- For April we are arranging for an IEEE TEMS Industry Forum 2018 to be held in Bangalore, India led by Ravikaran Annaswamy. The exact dates need to be fixed yet, but the theme to be expected is: Product Leadership.
- In May we will support and co-sponsor together with IES the IEEE International Conference on Industrial Cyber-Physical Systems, ICPS-2018, Saint‑Petersburg, Russia, May 15‑18, 2018 at ITMO University which is to provide a platform to exchange research and innovation results, lessons learned from industrial practices associated to new paradigms and technologies such as Cyber-Physical Systems, Digital Economy, Industry 4.0, Digitalization of the Industry and the Industrial-Internet-of-Things, among others.
- Chair Guido Baltes leads the 24th edition of the International Conference on Engineering, Technology and Innovation ICE/ITMC 2018 in June 17-20 in Stuttgart, with as theme for the year 2018, Era of Connectedness: The Future of Technology, Engineering & Innovation in a Digital Society. And associated thereto in 2018 the NITIM summer school will be organized directly after the conference for those PhD candidates that are looking for an intense period of reflection with their peers and a team of professors. The websites www.ice-conference.org and www.nitim.org will be to reflect all this.
- The 2nd edition of IEEE TEMS flagship TEMSCON 2018 in June 28-30 in Chicago is well underway, chaired by Mark Werwath, with as theme Engineering Management in an Era of Disruption. The website www.temscon.org is getting regular updates. The program is emerging as it the CfP expected to be available soon.
- E-TEMS 2018 , our TEMSCON Fall Edition 2018, in The Netherlands is progressing and lead of Beverly Pasian from the University of Applied Sciences Utrecht, with further support of the TU Eindhoven, Leiden University and others. The theme is developing towards Smart Society: Shared Purpose and Diversity. Current outlook is the venue city will be Utrecht with end of Oktober, beginning of November as a planning date. The draft CfP is being worked upon as I write, and will soon be published.
- 2018 will also see a new conference Int’l Conference on Technology Management, Operations and Decisions (ICTMOD 2018) with as theme Digital Innovation and Business Transformation. This will be held in Nov 21-23 2018 in Marrakech, Morocco. It was the result of ongoing discussions after SIIE 2017 had to be cancelled (2017 International Conference on Information Systems and Economic Intelligence / IEEE International Technology Management Conference (SIIE/ITMC)) . Work is under development and chaired by Mourad Oubrich.
- Plans for next year editions of ICDIM 2018 and ICMSE 2018 will come about soon too, as those conferences have just ended.
Work for 2019 is also progressing:
- The plan for TEMSCON 2019 in Atlanta Georgia is being worked upon too under leadership of Stephen Cross.
- Plans for E-TEMS 2019 is under development and lead of Brendan Galbraith.
- Plans for ICE/ITMC 2019 are under discussions with the ICE board since the board meeting of 2016, in particular as it will be an anniversary 25th edition. Current directions point us to the south of France where also the first edition was held.
We look forward to receive new proposals for conferences that align to the field of interest of our Society. But also for organizations willing to lead for example TEMSCON 2020, 2021, 2022. To that end we will soon publish a Call for Proposals on Conferences, outlining the expectations we have for such proposals.